10 best mural design ideas
Love wallpaper but fancy something with more of an impact? Try a mural, they work in any room and can create a stunning focal point
Ideal for adding design flair, personality, colour and texture to a room, murals are the new must have modern wallpaper. Large-scale, digitally-printed designs can quite simply be something to marvel at, but with such an overwhelming choice, the hardest decision is which to pick…
Once you have your mural in place, let the colours within it guide the room’s scheme – balance and restraint are key when you have something so impactful on your wall. Most of the designs are easy to put up – either ‘paste the wall’ or traditional adhesive – so you can transform your room within hours.
- CHOOSE MOODY FLORALS FOR A LIGHT-FILLED ROOM – Deep rich coloured flowers splashed across your wall don’t only make your room look beautiful but cosy and romantic too
- CHOOSE A FAIRYTALE LANDSCAPE FOR A KID’S BEDROOM – What could be more perfect than your children’s favourite fairytale spread across their walls! You can turn their room into a real life fantasy kingdom to play in.
- CREATE A LIBRARY (WITHOUT ANY BOOKS) – If you’d like to create a display of books to add texture, colour, depth and character to your room but would love to take a short-cut to get it, a library mural is the way to go.
- CREATE AN IMPRESSIVE BACKDROP WITH A MAP MURAL – Create a focal wall in a home office or kid’s bedroom with a made-to-measure map of the world mural – it might even help them with their geography homework! You can even crop a certain area if you don’t wish to choose the whole world. Brightly coloured and bold, it certainly would create an impressive backdrop and works brilliantly with white and mid-toned wood furniture.
- EMBRACE THE TREND FOR GEOMETRIC SHAPES – Pretty pastels in geometric shapes – what’s not to love?
- ADD AN EXOTIC FEEL WITH TROPICAL PRINTS – Create a harmonious bedroom under the palm trees with your own tropical urban jungle. Soothing greens and pastel pink are two colours that are easy on the eye and calming to boot. Accessorize with succulents, trailing house plants, botanical cushions and vases full of exotic flowers to complete this on trend look.
- EVOKE A FEELING OF ZEN WITH ASIAN INSPIRED PRINT – Such as a striking Chinese tree which will give maximum impact in a large space. A living room or bedroom would suit this type style. Pick out cushions and accessories in the two main colours to tie the look together.
- ANIMAL LOVER? THIS MURAL IS FOR YOU – Who wouldn’t love their favourite animal moving across their room?
- GET A STYLE HIT WITH A MARBLE WALL – Murals are not just for living rooms and bedrooms, they can look fabulous in kitchens too. If you are doing up a kitchen on budget and that fabulous marble worktop is way out your price range, get a mural on your wall instead!
- OPT FOR A QUIRKY KALEIDOSCOPE PRINT – Create your own optical illusion with an all over pattern. This particular design will work in both modern and more traditional settings. To keep the look balanced and not too full-on, simply have it on one wall and paint the rest in a plain, complementary colour.